Although not yet approved by the FDA, did you know that as of the early 1990s, lasers have been successfully implemented and used in a variety of dental services? Not only are lasers highly effective at making extremely precise cuts, they are widely effective in a broad array of dental procedures to ensure maximum success for your smile.
Lasers save smiles one patient at a time. Here are some of the common uses of laser dentistry:
– Root Canal Therapy: When root canals are a must to save teeth, lasers are often implemented to clear away excess bacteria and tissue to ensure the area is clean for the root canal therapy to be successful.
– Cavities: When dental fillings are a must, lasers can be used to clear the decay around cavities and prepare a tooth for a filling.
– Cancer Biopsies: Lasers can be deployed to remove a small amount of tissue from a person’s cheek for use in oral cancer biopsies.
– Oral Ailments: Lasers are often set to effortlessly remove uncomfortable lesions and sores from inside a person’s mouth.
– Teeth Whitening Treatments: With many varieties of professional whiteners, the gel used can be activated with a light source such as a laser.
Alpha Dental Excellence is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Arpan Patel and our team at our dental office in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at (215) 970-2515. We look forward to helping you smile.